7th October 2017

 In Recent, WOKING FC

  7th OCTOBER  2017

                         WOKING     1     DAGENHAM &  REDBRIDGE   0

                   Vanarama National League  Saturday  7th October 2017

                       Attendance: 2,509 (213)

                              Peter Moore at the Laithwaite Community Stadium

Woking maintained their impressive home record with a late Regan Charles-Cook strike the difference between the sides, to maintain the Cards top three position.

In the game of the day on Non-league Day with 3rd playing 4th. Woking made two changes to the side that defeated Chester in midweek, with Third Year Academy Player defender Lazar Stojsavljevic and Joe Ward coming in for Fabio Sariava and Charlie Carter.

It was the Daggers who took control of proceedings early on and looked the side likely to break the deadlock. After 30 minutes Woking had to wait until the latter stages of the first half to carve out a chance when Bobson Bawling sent a pass to Jamie Philpot who sent in a cross to Joe Ward, the midfielders firm header was cleared of the line by Mark Cousins in the Daggers goal.

The second half continued, much like the first half with the visitors having the lion’s share of possession, forcing Woking to concede three quick corners. The Daggers went close when Fejiri Okenabirhie’s shot was turned away for a corner by Nathan Baxter. Regan Charles- Cook was a little fortunate to only see yellow when a very late slidding tackle on Daggers Captain Scott Doe was deemed just a yellow card offence by Referee Christopher O’Donnell. Shortly afterwards Philpot was withdrawn from the action and replaced by Inih Effiong. Within two minutes of coming on the big striker almost had an immediate impact, but was denied by Daggers stopper Cousins. Somehow the Daggers keeper kept out Effiong’s powerful header that was heading towards the top corner of the net. Cousins, at full stretch to his left, somehow tipping the ball around the post.

With the game looking likely to finish with a point a piece, a moment of sheer class broke the deadlock in the 77th minute. The ball fell to the Charlton Loanee Charles-Cook who took two touches before sending in an unstoppable shot into the top right-hand corner. A frantic last 15 minutes was to follow with Dagenham throwing everything at the Woking goal. But the Cards held firm to maintain their unbeaten six match run, and put pressure on Macclesfield at the top of the table.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.