Kosylo’s brace piles pressure on Cards. 11th March 2018

 In Recent, WOKING FC

                             WOKING    1      FC HALIFAX  TOWN   3

                         Vanarama National League  Saturday 10th March 2018

                                    Attendance: 1,619

                                      Peter Moore at the Laithwaite Community Stadium

Halifax produced their fourth away win of the season to ease their relegation worries against an out of form Woking side.

A brace from the excellent Matty Kosylo and a strike from substitute Connor Thompson wrapped up the points late on despite Charlie Carter levelling the scores in the second half.

Woking were boosted by the news announced earlier this week with the return of Regan Charles Cook, who has returned to the club on loan until the end of the season.

The Cards made two changes from the side that were defeated by Sutton on Tuesday. Jason Banton joined Regan Charles-Cook back into the starting line-up. The Cards also welcomed back Jordan Wynter who was returning to the squad after an injury, he was named on the bench.

The Cards were on the front foot straight from the kick off with Anthony Cook volleying over the bar in side two minutes. The experienced Joey Jones was clearly suffering with bad vision, and after eight minutes he was replaced by Carter. The visitors Ben Tomlinson soon found his name into Referee’s Adam Penwell notebook after a strong challenge on Banton. It was Banton who created a chance when he cut inside from the left and sent a curling shot just over the post.

The Shayman broke the deadlock in the 32nd minute when a run from Matty Kosylo was ended when Kane Ferdinand tripped him inside the area. Kosylo duly despatched the resulting spot kick into the roof of the net. With half time approaching Woking won a free kick which visiting keeper Sam Johnson flapped at which resulted in a mad scramble with the visitors eventually clearing the ball to safety. Shortly afterwards a wonderful run from Regan Charles-Cook amounted to his shot taking a deflection. A frantic end to the half ended when a breakaway ended when Anthony Cook’s effort was well saved by Johnson as the cards pressed for an equaliser before the break.

Woking drew level inside five minutes of the restart when Regan Charles-Cook’s side foot shot was tucked home by Charlie Carter for his 10th goal of the season.  Anthony Cook went close with a 30 yard free kick before the Shaymen retook the lead in the 66th minute with that man Kosylo who received a long ball over the top, with one touch and from an acute angle thumped the ball into the roof of the net.

The visitors made the game safe in the 70th minute when substitute Connor Thompson headed past Baxter to seal the points for the Yorkshire side, and Woking, looking over their shoulder as they face an anxious end to the season in the lower half of the table.





Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.